Fine Sooji - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar - 2 Cups
Water - 3 Cups
Pineapple Essene - 1 tbsp
Yellow color- Pinch
Pineapple Chunks - 1/4 cup
Elachi - A few
Cashew- To garnish
Raisins- To garnish
Ghee- 5 tbsp +
- Fry the sooji until its golden brown and it smells good which is an indication its done. (This can be either dry fry / in Ghee)
- Add water to a pan and add powdered elachi, pineapple Essence, sugar, color and boil.
- On a slow flame add fine sooji that is fried and stir it while adding to avoid lumps.
- After the sooji is semi cooked add pineapple chunks, I prefer using tin as they are generally sweeter than fresh fruit there are high chances that the fresh pineapple might be a little tangy, which I try to avoid
- Add ghee, I mentioned 5+tbsp as the more you add the tastier it is ;)
- Garnish it will all the dry fruits and cut it into desired size and serve.
Tips: I add saffron in milk and add it to the mixer which will naturally give a very nice color and I use milk instead of water to make it rich and tastier.