Jul 26, 2010

Ullipaya Pakodi / Onion Pakodi



Onion pakodi is my all time faaaaaaav, so it is for Abhi. I am so glad that most of our tastes match. I guess major reason begin we are born and brought up in Hyderabad. Anyways the first thing that comes to our mind on a gloomy rainy day is ONION PAKODI.

As soon as we were engaged my BIL asked me very seriously "Do you know how to cook ullipaya poakodi" ... I was like why is he asking me this out of all the dishes. I said I love it and its my fav he asked me can you make it? I was like my mom makes it very good and I love what my mom makes....Apparently its his fav too and he wanted to rag me by making me sit in the kitchen and cooking Pakodis while everyone is enjoying the nice weather. ( Dint happen until now...he is still waiting meanwhile I am practicing :) )


Ingredients:

Gram flour - 1 Cup
Rice flour - 1/4 Cup
Onions - 1 big Chopped longitudinally
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies- 3
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Dhanya- Jeera Powder- 1tsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp

Procedure:

Take a big bowl add finely chopped Onions, green chillies, salt, dhanya-jeera powder, baking powder, add little oil and leave it for few minutes
Now rice flour and gram flour and sprinkle little water if necessary ( Don't add too much of water)
Pour Oil in a pan for frying the pakodi

Tips for great Pakodi : Fry them with patience at medium heat until golden brown in color

No comments:

Post a Comment