May 20, 2010

Pitla


Poori and Pitla go together. Whenever I heard the word pita it always used to have a tag poori. This was one of my favorites that my mom used to make. The only thing with pitla is it has to be served HOT. This reminds me of Sunday morning when my mom used to wake me up saying "Pita challarithey bagodu, levandi lechi thinandi" (Get up pitla dosnt taste good when its cold). I used to have n number of pooris and my mom used to get worried and she used to stop serving, She was always worried my sister and me might put on weight :). This is one of the fastest cooking dishes once the onions and tomato's are done it hardly takes any time for the basin to cook. Try it out and let me know how it works!



Ingredients:

Basin - 1 cup
Onions- 3
Tomato's - 4
Oil - 1 tbsp
Paprika - 1 tea spoon
Green Mirchi - 3
Cilantro - To garnish
Cashew - To garnish
Milk / Water- 1/4 cup

Thadka:
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3-4 dried red chilli's
10-12 curry leaves




Procedure:


  • Add oil to a pan and put the thadka
  • Add onions in a pan and allow them to cook until transparent .
  • Add tomatoes and allow them to cook until you find traces of oil oozing out
  • Add salt, paprika to this onion and tomato mixture
  • Take a bowl and add cold milk and basin and blend it well to ensure no lumps of basin are left
  • Pour this mixture into the pan and allow it to cook
  • Garnish it with cilantro and Cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment