Pizza is one of the fastest dish that I ever made. I used a pre-made base from whole foods, made the tomato sauce and rest was just spreading and adding the toppings over the pizza. Baking is alot easier you need not stand near the stove and stir it, all you have to do is set the timer run all your errands and come back and serve dinner :) . I got two pizza bases in the same pack so I made the tomato spread sufficient for two bases the second time all I had to do is spread and put it in the oven. Works when you are lazy :)
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - A pinch
Sugar - A pinch
Yeast - 2tsp
Tomato's - 5
Onions - 1 Large
Basil Leaves - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1tsp
Raagu sauce : 2 tbsp
Dhanya- Jeera Powder- 1 tsp
Red onions (dipped in vinegar)
Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray (EVOO)
Base preparation :
- Take the flour in a broad container so that it is easy to kneed it, add a salt and a pinch of sugar to it along with little oil.
- Kneed the flour by adding warm water as needed and spread the dough flat, if you want a thinner crust spread it until the base is thin enough.
Tomato Sauce and Pizza assembly:
- Take a pan add oil and the add in the finely chopped onions let them cook until they are transparent.
- After the onions are cooked add finely diced tomato's and salt, close the lid and let them cook
- After the onions and tomato's are cooked add paprika, dhanya-jeera powder, garam masala and basil leaves
- Add in the raagu sauce this is optional and I prefer doing it as it adds nice red color to the paste
- Now the tomato paste is ready, Preheat the oven for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Take the base spray some EVOO and spread the tomato paste on the base
- Layer the two types of cheese that we grated
- Add in all the vegetable toppings that we have and place it in the oven for about 25 minutes and the pizza is ready!