Vegetable tart reminds me of Universal Bakers in Secunderabad. It was one of my must order appetizer when ever I visit that place. I used Pillsbury crescent roll dough which made my things easier. You must be wondering how different it is from the puff pastry sheet. This is indeed something different to try. Abhi and me hate some vegetables so I try to use such vegetables here as it will taste yummy in the end no matter what.
Filling for the tart:
Mixed Vegetables ( with all the vegetables you want)
Base for the tart:
Pillsbury Crescent roll
- Fry Onions in a pan with very little Oil and add a pinch of salt for the onions to sweat.
- After the onions are done add dhanya-jeera powder.
- Add the chopped mixed veggies to the pan and cook them with a lid closed.
- Add salt and paprika as per taste.
Making of the tart:
- If crescent roll sheets are frozen remove them 15 minutes in advance and place it on all purpose flour to avoid the roll to become mushy.
- Spread the sheets and slightly press them with your fingers and make the base to the thickness that you want.
- Fill the sheets with the filling prepared and close them on all sides as seen in the picture
- Spray some oil and put the uncooked tarts in the oven which has been preheated for 25 minutes at a temperature of 325F
- Set the alarm for 20 minutes and the veggie tarts are ready.